DQ 1.Why would subcontractors for a government project want their activities on the critical path? Under what conditions would they try to avoid being on the critical path?
DQ 2.What was the most complex project that you have been involved in? Give examples of the following as they pertain to the project: the work breakdown structure, tasks, subtasks, and work package. Were you on the critical path? Did it have a good project manager?
DQ 3.If you were the subcontractor and you were looking to grow your business, would you underbid to "get your foot in the door?" Is this a good practice?
DQ 4.what criteria does your company use to select the subcontractor?
Learning Team Assignment Supply Chain Design Paper
Review the Riordan Manufacturing Virtual Organization.
Write a paper of no more than 1,400-words that includes the following:
• Determine Riordan's manufacturing strategy (chase, level, or combination) and explain its benefits
• Create a process flow diagram for the electric fan supply chain
• Select two metrics to evaluate performance of the electric fan supply chain
• Describe the supplier relationship and the effects on the supply chain. As part of this consider the following:
• Type of relationship
• Supplier location, size of company, and financial stability
• Metrics used to measure supplier performance (on-time delivery, defects, etc)
• Supplier improvement strategies
• Describe how lean production principles may be used to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the electric fan supply chain process
• Select a business forecasting technique (qualitative or quantitative) for the electric fans and describe the forecasting process to be used at
• Create a sales forecast for electric fans using selected techniques
• Develop Aggregate Production Plan, Master Schedule, and Materials
Requirement Plans for electric fans based off the sales forecast. Be sure to include the following:
• The determination of inventory requirements of the electric fans component parts and finished goods
• The selection of an appropriate inventory system (fixed order quantity, two bin method, etc.) to meet inventory requirements
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Begin working on the Week Six assignment. In Week Six, you propose and implement new process design and supply chain processes for the manufacturing of Riordan's electric fans.
Knowledge Check Quiz
Complete the Week 4 Quiz.