1. During what era of the Court did the justices dramatically expand the liberty protections afforded to individuals under the Fourth Amendment?
2. Which model of federalism maintains the theory that the national government and the state governments are coequal sovereigns?
3. Under the leadership of which of the following Chief Justices did the Supreme Court render many decisions advancing civil liberties, especially in the criminal context?
4. Assume that a state and the federal government hold concurrent jurisdiction over an issue and furthermore, both have enacted statutes to regulate the subject. However, the state statute is contrary to the federal law. The state law is
5. In which era did the Court begin to expand the powers of the federal government?
6. Which of the following constitutional clauses has not contributed to the growth in federal power?
7. Which of the following was not intended to protect against tyranny?
8. Which of the following Chief Justices of the Supreme Court was responsible for writing the majority opinion inMarbury v. Madison, wherein the power of judicial review was announced?
9. Which model of federalism maintains the theory that the national government is supreme to the state governments and that he powers of the national government are read broadly, and the Tenth Amendment is read as not granting any specific powers to the states.
10. What was William Marbury seeking from the Suprme Court in Marbury v. Madison?