- 22 Jun 2016
OPS 571 Final Exam 2016–2017 Operation Management, Answers Free
A major competitive dimension that forms a company's strategic operational competitive position in their strategic planning is which of the following?
- Cost or price
In setting up a kanban control system you need to determine the number of kanban card sets needed. If the expected demand during lead time is 25 per hour, the safety stock is 20 percent of the demand during lead time, the container size is 5, and the lead time to replenish an order is 5 hours, what the number of kanban card sets is needed?
Which of the following is a multifactor measure of productivity?
- Output/(Labor + Capital + Energy)
- Output/All resources used
Which of the following is an alternative possible service encounter included in the service-system design matrix?
- Automated teller (ATM)
- Face-to-face distance
- Questionnaire response
In development of an operations and supply chain strategy, which of the following may be an important product-specific criteria to consider?
- Learning curve
- Supplier after-sale support
- Production lot size
Find the final exam answers here just a click away OPS 571 Final Exam 2016
Which of the following is one of Dr. Eli Goldratt's rules of production scheduling for optimized production technology?
- An hour lost at a bottleneck saves an hour for the entire system
- Do not allow bottlenecks to govern the flow of the line
- Utilization and activation of a resource are not the same
- Balance the capacities, not the flows
You have just been assigned to oversee a series of projects. Functional areas will loan you personnel for each project, and separate project managers will be responsible for separate projects. These project managers will report to you. Which project management structure is being used?
- Matrix project
- Pure project
- Functional project
- Task force
Which of the following is a reason that firms must develop more new products than ever?
- Commitments to joint venture partners
- Product life cycles are shorter
- They are replacing old customers with new ones
- To amortize heavy investments in development labs
We would expect to see which of the following in an MRP system's inventory status file?
- End items produced
- Late/early delivery records
- Labor efficiency
- Scrap parts
The centroid method for plant location uses which of the following data?
- Inbound transportation costs
- Volume of goods to be shipped between existing points
- Transport times between facilities
- Correlation matrix of existing facilities
Click here to download Final Exam Answers of OPS 571 Final Exam Answers
The Pareto principle is best applied to which of the following inventory systems?
- Fixed-order quantity
- ABC classification
A company can produce a small lot of products the first time at a cost of $2,000. If their 85 percent learning curve allows them to reduce their costs on each lot, what is the total cost of producing 5 lots?
You are a consultant called in to estimate the costs after the employees learn how to do a job more efficiently by repetition of new product. You find a company can produce a product the first time at a cost of $5,000. If their 90 percent learning curve allows them to reduce their costs on each unit, what is the total cost of producing 100 units of the new product?
A material requirements planning system is an example of which of the following scheduling systems?
- Infinite loading, backward scheduling
- Finite loading, backward scheduling
- Infinite loading, forward scheduling
- Finite loading, forward scheduling
Capacity planning that involves hiring, layoffs, some new tooling, minor equipment purchases, and subcontracting is considered as which one of the following planning horizons?
- Long range
- Short range
- Intermediate range
Click here to download the complete course of OPS 571 Final Exam 2017
You want to determine the upper control line for a p-chart for quality control purposes. You take several samples of a size of 100 items in your production process. From the samples, you determine the fraction defective is 0.05 and the standard deviation is 0.01. If the desired confidence level is 99.7 percent, which of the following is the resulting UCL value for the line?
The objectives of work center scheduling include which of the following?
- Providing variety to workforce
- Following all the priority rules
- Minimizing setup costs
- Avoiding tradeoffs
For which of the following should we use an R-chart to monitor process quality?
- Deciding whether an airliner has sufficient fuel for its trip
- Determining whether vehicles from a motor pool will run
- Weighing trucks at a highway inspection station to determine if they are overloaded
- Student grades measured from 1 to 100
Which of the following is a major factor that distinguishes service design and development from manufacturing design and development?
- The service package has the same legal protection available to manufactured goods.
- The service process and service product can be developed independently.
- Manufacturing is far more capital intensive than services.
- The service package is the major output of the development process.
Which of the following is a time-to-market performance measure used in judging product development performance?
- Customer loyalty
- Product reliability
- Frequency of new-product introductions
To download Final Exam Questions and Answers just a click away OPS 571 Final Exam Answers Free
In business forecasting, what is usually considered a medium-term time period?
- One to six months
- Three months to two years
- Six weeks to one year
- One to five years
There are many applications of poka-yokes in service organizations. Which of the following is one of the three-T's used to classify poka-yokes?
Assuming no safety stock, what is the reorder point (R) given an average daily demand of 78 units and a lead time of 3 days?
Which of the following is a measure of operations and supply management efficiency used by Wall Street?
- Earnings per share growth
- Current ratio
- Dividend payout ratio
- Receivable turnover
A project starts out as which of the following?
- Critical path method (CPM)
- A latest-start-time estimate
- A series of milestones
- A statement of work
Want to download the Complete Assignment..?? Click OPS 571 Final Exam Operation Management
The ability to rapidly and inexpensively switch production from one product to another enables what are sometimes referred to as:
- Economies of shape
- Economies of scope
- Economies of size
- Economies of scale
According to the theory of constraints, which of the following is a financial measurement that can be used to measure the firm's ability to make money?
- Net profit
What is a work breakdown structure?
- A depiction of the activities making up a project
- A Gantt chart
- A list of the activities making up the higher levels of the project
- A definition of the hierarchy of project tasks, subtasks, and work packages
If a firm produced a standard item with relatively stable demand, the smoothing constant alpha (reaction rate to differences) used in an exponential smoothing forecasting model would tend to be in which of the following ranges?
- 5 to 10 percent
- 60 to 120 percent
- 20 to 80 percent
- 20 to 50 percent
What transportation mode has very high initial investment costs but gives a very low cost per mile for products that are highly specialized and require no packaging?
This article covers the topic for the University of Phoenix OPS 571 Final Exam 2016 Answers Free. The author is working in the field of education from last 5 years. This article covers the basic of OPS 571 Questions and Answers from UOP. Other topics in the class are as follows:
Want to check other classes..?? Visit
ops 571 final exam ops 571 final exam 2016 ops 571 final exam answers free ops 571 final exam 2017 ops 571 final exam answers ops 571 final exam operation management ops 571 final exam 30 questions and answers ops 571 week 6 final exam